Image via Flickr
Euro 2012 kicks off on June 8. Sixteen national teams square off in a month-long competition, known more formally as the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship. The 16 national teams have been divided in to 4 groups of 4 teams. Each team plays a match against the other three teams in its group, with games four days apart.
Two Euro 2012 Group Matches will be played each day from June 8 through June 19. In NYC, they will be shown at noon and 2:45 pm NY time,
Two teams in each group will qualify for the quarter-finals, of which one game shall be played each day from June 21 to June 24. The semi-finals will be played on June 27-28, with the final on July 1.
Now you’re likely wondering, “what is the best bar in NYC for Euro 2012?”
- Of course, the most important credential a bar can offer is plenty of televisions. Like many bars in NYC, Rattle N Hum has plenty of televisions, so everyone gets a good view of all Euro 2012 matches.
- The next most important thing, given that many of the matches will be played in the heart of lunch hour, is that the bar realizes that soccer is more important than lunch, and commits to showing the games, with sound, no matter what. At RNH, soccer comes only after beer, and we will be showing all Euro 2012 matches.
- With those boxes checked, the last thing to consider is the quality of food and drink. RNH’s entire menu is perfect for munching on while watching your team score goals, with feature items such as IPA Fries, Hopped Up Calamari, four types of sliders, and a Celtic Cubano.
- So it all comes down to beer. CBS New York has written that Rattle N Hum is the best craft beer bar in NYC, and every other list we’ve seen of best craft beer bars in NYC, the US and the world has included us. So, are you going to a bar with the best craft beer in NYC, or will you instead be drinking the same swill you cut your teeth on in high school? We also offer wine and spirits for those so inclined.
- Rattle N Hum is also conveniently located; we’re the best restaurant near the Empire State Building, and convenient to anyone in midtown or on the East Side.
Call 212-481-1586 to reserve your table today.